In 12 hours, 2012 will come to a close. People say we usually overestimate what we can get done in a year and underestimate what we can get done in five. But when I walk through the list of what God did through New Song this year, I can’t help but rejoice:
In Our Community
1. Every week we did our core work of worship and teaching God’s Word, huddling in small groups, counseling hurting people and marriages, visiting the sick, and praying for one another.
2. Our Random Act of Kindness Team worked with the Eagle Foundation to provide inexpensive food to families twice a month.
3. 122 New Song volunteers helped paint and refurbish homes in the Crown Heights neighborhood.
4. Christine O’Connell and her small group made lunch for the entire Oceanside Police Department to thank them for serving our city.
5. New Song volunteers boxed food at Brother Bennos for needy families twice a month.
6. Jim Melrose and our Edson Range Team discipled over 1,000 Marine recruits.
7. Julia Mottola and our Trash to Treasure ministry made monthly cash contributions to Solutions for Change, a ministry that helps distressed single mothers.
8. Bernie Worby and our Solutions for Change Team served warm meals to distressed families twice a month.
9. Carolyn Worby and our Bread of Life Team fed warm meals and preached at Bread of Life monthly.
10. Our Food Pantry gave out 10,000 pounds of food to needy Oceansiders.
11. Our Youth Ministry held Kids Camps for Marine children in six locations on Camp Pendleton.
12. Mara Stevens and our Blessing Tree donors gave 36 hurting New Song families presents and gift cards for Christmas.
13. We started our New Song Online Campus during the 9:30 a.m. service.
14. We saw 1,972 people come to Christ.
In Our Building
15. We resurfaced our roof, resealed and restriped our parking lot, recarpeted PromiseLand and the Venue Room, and repainted the exterior.
16. We held Wow Weekends with Tass Saada and Bethany Hamilton. Between those two weekends, 300 came to Christ.
17. We hosted local art, cheerleader, karate, and homeowners association groups.
18. We hosted 1,500 Marines for their annual Christmas party.
19. We hosted two Spanish-speaking churches for three months after their building was damaged by fire.
Throughout the World
20. While our focus is riveted on North County, God used New Songers to do some pretty impressive things throughout the world as well:
21. At Kids Camp, 350 kids created “Joy Jars” for children with cancer in Orange County.
22. Our Inland Hills Campus sent 14 boxes of supplies to Hurricane Sandy victims.
23. We assisted churches in Florida, Pennsylvania, Minnesota and California with The Bible Questions Campaign.
24. FTK and New Song volunteers led 1,500 to Christ in northern Mexico.
25. Over 100 New Song families sponsored Compassion Children in Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
26. Our Inland Hills Campus delivered 450 pounds of clothing to the underprivileged in El Salvador.
27. Our Seven24 ministry taught English to students in the Czech Republic and saw four come to Christ.
28. Trash to Treasure fed, clothed and educated 85 children in Liberia, Africa.
29. Edwin and Amy Samson opened an Enrichment Center in the Philippines and are planting a church there.
30. G Reyes and friends blessed 105 needy families in the Philippines for Christmas.
31. Sandy Flores rescued trafficked women in Thailand.
32. Five of our members established evangelism ministries in a closed country in East Asia.
33. Our Youth raised and donated $3,000 to the Children's Hunger Fund.
34. To Save a Life continued to rescue teens from suicide on every continent.
35. Eileen Sigler and our Global Media Outreach Online Missionaries discipled over 3,000 new believers around the world.
36. We helped DCPI plant 23,000 churches in 86 countries.
To God be the glory! I’m so grateful I get to be part of a church like this!
If your church would like to join the Bible Reading Revolution by hosting a Bible Questions Campaign, come to www.pastormentor.com.